ABOUT NUTRICLINIC - WEIGHT LOSS HYDERABAD
Hi, I am Deepa Agarwal. As a child growing up in Siliguri, a small town in the North Eastern part of India, I was taught by my father, a great humanitarian, the importance of dedicating one’s life to serving people and knew from a young age that my passion was to heal the sick and become a successful health care professional. Yet, I desired to become a Clinical Nutritionist with determination and commitment. After graduating from Osmania University, Hyderabad, I sought further education at Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai, for the only reason that this was the only medical institution then providing a full fledged Masters program in Clinical Nutrition with superior clinical training and exposure. Clinical Nutritionist plays a vital role in providing Optimal Medical Nutrition Therapy for the plethora of diseases inherent in both adults and pediatrics which is very satisfying.
An achievement starts with a desire, and takes one on a long journey. Mario Andretti once said, Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek. Setting out on mine, I graduated from Osmania University, where my passion and drive for Clinical nutrition was nurtured and I was awarded the Best out going student as well as the best academic performance award. To this end, I then completed my Masters program. At Sri Ramachandra Medical College I got familiarized with the healthcare system by working one-on-one with clinicians as well as with patients, thus broadening my clinical knowledge.In order to stay current with the fields advancements, I attended International, National and Regional Conferences, Workshops and Symposiums. Next milestone in my career was registering for PhD at Sri Ramachandra Medical College. During my PhD tenure I was exposed to the research field. Publications in various peer reviewed indexed International and National journals is a reflection of my academic achievement. Collectively experiences of rigor, self-discipline and dedication, have given me tremendous insight into what to expect during my training. My passion for Nutrition also extends to volunteerism: I have actively involved in conducting community programs emphasizing on optimal nutrition from pediatrics to geriatrics.
Dr Deepa Agarwal is one of the best dietician/ Nutritionist in Hyderabad. Famous for weight loss consultations.
- PhD in Clinical Nutrition, Sri Ramachandra Medical College , Chennai, India
- EACCME certified Bariatric Nutritionist
- Post Graduation in Clinical Nutrition, Sri Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai, India
Former Clinical Nutritionist at Institute of Bariatrics, Apollo Hospitals, Greams lane, Chennai, India (November 2012- December 2013)
Duties included nutritional management of inpatients and outpatients with follow ups for a year after discharge, patient data management, writing research proposals and getting clearance from Institutional ethics committee. Recruiting patients for the study and writing research papers for publications, involved in taking classes for ancillary health care staffs.
Former Consultant Nutritionist at Nova Speciality Hospitals, Jubilee Hills (January 2014- September 2014)
Former Chief Nutritionist and Clinical Co-Ordinator, Asian Bariatrics, Jubilee Hills Check Post, Hyderabad, India (October 2014- June 2015)
Currently Consultant Nutritionist at Tanvir Hospital, Sri Nagar Colony Main Road, Hyderabad
Content Writer, Med India July 2015- Present
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Excellency Award in Clinical Nutrition, SRMC, 2019
- Best Student award for the year 2004-2007 in U.G
- Gold medalist in U.G (Applied Nutrition)
- Outstanding Academic Performance in P.G (Clinical Nutrition), SRMC, 2009
- Research paper Award- Periyar Univeristy, 2009
- Chancellor Fellowship for PhD- SRMC, 2009-2012
- Life Member, Indian Dietetic Association
- Life Member, Nutrition Society of India
- Life Member, Indian Society of Clinical Nutrition
- All India Association for Advanced Research in Obesity Global Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- Life Member, Adolescent Society of India
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI- YFLO)
- Deepsikha Mahila Club
- Young Indians- CII- Hyderbad Chapter
- Board of Studies Member- St Anns College, Hyderabad
- Advisory Member- IQAC Team- St Anns College, Hyderabad